Sir Walter has firmly planted itself as Australia’s favourite buffalo lawn, with over 35 million metres being sold since it was first introduced in 1997. Why has it become so popular? Without a doubt Sir Walter has proved to be the best performing lawn turf for our harsh Australian conditions, from the cool tablelands to the dry west to the tropical north. It’s the perfect grass for your Illawarra, South Coast or Sydney lawn.
Is Sir Walter right for my project?
Take a look at the pros and cons listed below to help you make your decision or give us a call on 0438 568873 for some expert guidance.
Good points of Sir Walter
- Great colour during the warmer months and throughout the year at the coast.
- Self repairing
- Hard wearing
- Low maintenance
- Requires minimal watering
- Shade tolerant
- Salt tolerant
- Will last indefinitely with minimal maintenance.
Bad Points of Sir Walter
- Can sometimes have poor colour over winter months in more severe climates (Canberra, Southern Highlands, colder parts of Illawarra) due to frost and winter severity
- Uses about 60% less water than cool season grasses
- Runner system can be invasive of garden beds, but much less than Kikuyu and Couch